In 2007, well-known bicycle industry veteran David Earle set out to create a different kind of bicycle component company.
In the past he had been an integral part of many of the most well known R&D teams in the industry – Member of the original Bontrager Cycles, Sr. Design engineer at Specialized, Director of Engineering at Santa Cruz Bicycles, and many other individual R&D ventures for well known industry projects.
It was time to branch out and focus on something that he had been working on for years: Drivetrain Components.
With his extensive expertise in metals and manufacturing, he launched Praxis Works with the goal of creating a unique brand along with a design and fabrication firm. With headquarters in Santa Cruz, CA and offices in Taiwan, Praxis’ sole purpose is to provide customers of all types with exceptionally designed drivetrain components that offer great performance and value. Our innovative manufacturing methods, combined with the in-house engineering team and testing facilities, make Praxis Works a new force in the cycling industry.
Resident Mad Scientist…. David Earle
- 9 Years Director of Praxis Works
- 7 Years at Sotto Group, Senior Engineer/Owner
- 5 Years at Santa Cruz Bicycles, Director of Engineering
- 2 Years at Specialized Bicycles, Senior Design Engineer
- 7 Years Bontrager Cycles
At Sotto Group
- 6 novel suspension designs currently in patent process
- Short link design outside of DW-Link and VPP patents
- Chainring, Crank and Bottom Bracket design
- 1 patent pending on Bottom Bracket design
- 1 patent pending on chainring design
- Designed Switch Suspension for Yeti SB-66 and Yeti SB-95
- Designed Turntable Suspension
- Pioneered VPP suspension design at Santa Cruz Bicycles
- Co-Designed VP-Free | Designed Blur | Designed Nomad
- Led engineering team in the evolution of single pivot designs
- Senior Design Engineer at Specialized Bicycles
- Designed all Specialized frames for Festina Pro Road team 2000-2002
- Specialized Road frame Superleggero “SL1” | Specialized CX bike | Specialized P3
- Engineering Manager Bontrager Cycles
- Extensive work with Keith Bontrager developing testing